Alexis speaks with Grammy Nominated New Age Recording Artist Steven Halpern about the Dynamics of Sound and the Human Condition
“There’s more to hear than meets the ear.” This is a phrase coined by award winning new age recording artist and sound scientist, Steven Halpern. This one sentence is a very telling statement.
Although it is well-known that sound has an impact on our emotional state, there’s a much deeper dynamic involved when it comes to the interaction of sound with the physical, psychological and spiritual aspects of our selves.
Can certain sounds affect our breathing, our eating habits or even our psychic capacity? Can sound be used in concert with color to heighten a transcendental state? Are there certain tones we can create to induce a more centered and relaxed condition?
Some of the answers you’ll hear may surprise you.
In this exceptionally informative episode of Conscious Inquiry we discuss:
- Sound healing from a mind, body, spirit perspective.
- How different sounds affect different parts of the body.
- How our mind, body and spirit respond to sound even if we can’t hear it audibly.
- How sound influences subliminally.
- How to sound condition your environment.
- Why certain sounds irritate some people and not others.
- What is “Scalus Interruptus?”
- Does sound sensitivity indicate our level of psychic awareness?
- “Reverse noise gate” and addictive response.
- How media purposely uses certain sounds to induce higher levels of stress, fear, and excitement.
- How our own words and tones directly affect our physiology and psychology.
- How toning vowels can be used for an internal “massage” and better vocal resonance.
- Can sound and color be used together and if so what are the benefits?
- Using your own voice along with Tibetan Singing Bowls.
- How chakras and colors relate to specific musical notes.
Resources and links from this episode:
Sign up here for the Higher Journeys newsletter and receive a free guided meditation by Steven Halpern and Alexis Brooks. There’s no obligation and you can unsubscribe at any time!
Steven Halpern is an award-winning composer, recording artist and producer whose healing music has helped millions worldwide to experience the blessings and benefits of deep relaxation and inner peace.
CHAKRA SUITE, his debut release in 1975 helped establish a quiet revolution and a new genre in contemporary instrumental music. To date it has sold over 700,000 copies. His bestselling Deep Alpha Brainwave Entrainment CD was nominated for a Grammy for best New Age Album in 2013.
Based on his own spiritual and health-related experiences, Steven discovered secrets of combining ancient sound healing traditions with quantum biology and energy medicine to produce recordings that support relaxation, stress management, yoga, meditation, massage, sleep, accelerated learning and pure listening pleasure.
Halpern’s work has been covered in The New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, and the San Francisco Chronicle, as well as by CBS, ABC, NBC and the BBC. Steven has written hundreds of articles, as well as a syndicated monthly column for over 20 years.
Since 1975, Steven Halpern, Ph.D. has been a popular speaker at leading holistic health and complementary healing centers and conferences worldwide: He has presented workshops at Esalen, the Omega Institute, and Kripalu, and has spoken at the Sixth International Conference on Stress (Montreux), the National Music Therapy Association, the American Massage Therapy Association, The International Alliance for Accelerated Learning, The Whole Life Expo, and many others.
This episode of Conscious Inquiry originally aired in June of 2014.