by Dylan Charles | Waking Times
Featured image by Christopher Ott on Unsplash
“The whole secret lies in confusing the enemy, so that he cannot fathom our real intent.”Sun Tzu, The Art of War
A lot of ‘spiritual’ people out there aren’t doing so well these days.
They’re wide awake to what’s really happening in the world. They’ve done the research and see the dark agenda is making its move. They follow all the truthers, they’ve analyzed the data, they know what’s coming, and they’re determined not to let the evil bastards at the top of the pyramid have their way.
They also know that the universe is comprised of energy, frequency and vibration. They get the of law of attraction, believe in quantum physics, and know that with the right intention they can access to incredible realms of prosperity and success. They’ve even zoomed out beyond this planet and can imagine an inter-dimensional struggle between the forces of good and evil.
They often characterize the great struggle of our times as a spiritual war… and it is, but they seemed to be confused about what their role is on this battlefield.
And as I said, they’re not doing well.
So the question is, how do you know if you’re winning or losing the spiritual war?
Here’s what I see, over and over again. I’ll keep it short, and very down to earth. I’ll demystify it. I won’t quote the Bible, nor will I talk about demons or angels. I won’t mention reptilians, and I won’t even quote Rudolf Steiner (this time).
I’ll only talk about the actual experience of the individual. That is, things which are real to people like you and I. Things which can be personally registered by the six senses, and things we can connect to with direct experience. Things we actually have control over.
In fact, I’ll keep it as simple as I possibly can and just bundle all of this into a short list, because I want you to evaluate your life and your standing as a sovereign soul in this time. I want you to recognize that you have work yet to do, on yourself, before you begin to take on the problems of the world.
I’ll even put it all down in easy-to-read bullet points, so here it is.
You are losing the spiritual war if…
- The emotions of anxiety, fear, self doubt, and overwhelm are part of your everyday reality.
- You feel lost, with no purpose.
- You find yourself slipping into apathy, and just not caring anymore about the quality of your life.
- You live with constant negative self-talk from your inner critic who won’t let you expand into the next great stage of your life.
- You feel anger or resentment towards the world, or to those who are successful in it.
- You know that you’re capable of so much more, but you’re not living up to your full potential
- You’re living in your own shadow, with victim energy, blaming circumstances and other people for your failures.
- You make excuses for not taking care of your own business.
- You just can’t stop procrastinating on the things most important to you.
- You’re addicted to information and use it as a distraction rather than a means of liberating yourself.
- You’re trying to change the world or to be of service to others, knowing full well you’re not walking your own talk.
- You feel powerless to change yourself and how you experience the world.
- You’re at the whim of your emotions.
- You feel unstable, unmoored, aloof, guilty or ashamed.
- You feel like time is running out.
- You suffer with low self-confidence and low self-esteem.
- You’re addicted to substances which you know don’t serve you well. Alcohol, tobacco, drugs, pills, junk food, etc.
- You’re easily distracted and unable to focus on the things that would move your life forward.
- You allow yourself to be bullied and berated in toxic relationships.
- You feel unworthy of success or happiness.
- You’re unable to control your base desires, and suffer with the insatiable cravings of the hungry ghost.
- You feel like your life is small, that you live in an invisible cage, and that opportunity, experience and connection are off limits to you.
- You engage in endless cycles of self-sabotage, unconsciously keeping yourself small and weak.
- You often think to yourself that you’re tired and ready to give up. That the eternal rest would be favorable to the toil of knowing the truth and being ineffective to do anything about it.
- You’re ready for a change, but you won’t do anything to change.
If you can relate to any of these it means that your spirit has understandably taken a beatdown in this wildly chaotic, confusing, frustrating and dysfunctional society we live in. They’re everyday signs that the spiritual war against you is effective, and has lowered your consciousness enough to sideline you from the full richness of the experience you came here to have.
But you have to realize that you, and you alone, have the power to elevate yourself up and out of such despondency. You can access courage and raise your level of consciousness in any moment so that you can approach this world with neutrality and acceptance. You can cultivate the willingness to create a more expansive life for yourself, even in this sh$tstorm we’re all in. You can reclaim your power and learn to do what’s right and best for you, and you can win the spiritual war for yourself. These are things I routinely assist my clients with. If you’d like to learn more, take a deep dive with me where I will teach you how to activate your power to win in challenging times – learn how to counter the attack on spiritual and emotional sovereignty!
About the Author
Dylan Charles is a self-mastery and self-sabotage coach, the editor of Waking Times, and host of the Battered Souls podcast. His personal journey is deeply inspired by shamanic plant medicines and the arts of Kung Fu, Qi Gong and Yoga. After seven years of living in Costa Rica, he now lives in the Blue Ridge Mountains, where he enjoys serving, training, and spending time with family. He has written hundreds of articles, reaching and inspiring millions of people around the world. Follow Dylan on telegram here, and sign up for his weekly newsletter here. On Facebook.
Dylan is available for interviews and podcasts. Contact him at WakingTimes@gmail.com.